Outpatient Counseling Services
I provide both long and short term treatment - treatment models include psychodynamic, cogvitive behavior therapy, solution focused therapy, insight oriented therapy, and many other models all offered in a supportive counseling environment. I am confident there are many ways I could help you and your family.
For the Individual:
- If you are struggling with anxiety or depression, I can teach you strategies and coping skills to help you manage your symptoms more effectively.
- If you find ways to harm yourself to make yourself feel better, learn non-harmful techniques that will help you cope with intense feelings and thoughts.
- If you struggle with low self-esteem and want to establish a better, more confident view of yourself.
- If you have suffered the loss of a loved one and are struggling with the daily grief, understanding the stages of grief often gives comfort and solace to the experience you are having.
- If you struggle with body image issues including undereating and overeating, understanding the underlying issues can help you gain a healthy relationship with food.
- If you struggle to find peace and happiness in your life, gaining more insight into yourself and learning relaxation techniques can help you find the peace you are looking for.
- If you find yourself in a vicious cycle of unhealty realtionships - learn effective relationship and communication skills.
- If you suffer from past trauma and abuse, find the comfort and support you need to heal the wounds that were inflicted on you.
- If you are a new Mom or just gave birth to a subsequent child, post-partum support can help you manage the overwhelming anxiety and sadness that is sometimes associated with childbirth. If you are nursing, support can give you a greater chance of increasing the length of time you will nurse your baby.
- If you are going through a life transition, gaining support and direction can help you stay on task and focused on your future goals.
For the Family:
- Do you need help communicating with your child or teenager - learn more effective parenting skills, and techniques to improve your own relationship that have a direct influence on your children.
- Could your family benefit from increased closeness and communication - learning to communicate effectively in a controlled environment can pay dividends at home.
- If you have an adolescent who is at-risk, learning to understand their behaviors, and how you can support your child to uncover the roots of this behavior can help your family reduce tension, conflict, and alienation.
American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry - AACAP's mission is to promote the healthy development of children, adolescents, and families through research, training, prevention, comprehensive diagnosis and treatment and to meet the professional needs of child and adolescent psychiatrists throughout their careers. AACAP provides excellent resources for families.